Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Beck managed to stay awake this Halloween, so it's officially his first!

Before heading out for some candy grubbing the kids asked me to carve a few more pumpkins. Somehow over the past few years I've been mysteriously absent from the carving festivities, either by luck or by chance. Well today Joe was at work and there was no getting out of it. So with a table covered with newspaper and knife in hand, I started my first pumpkin carving... and to my great surprise, I think I may have found my niche!!! Oh my hell, it's only taken me thirty-something years to find this deeply hidden talent!

I present to you my two cutie trick or treaters! Morgan insisted Beck was going to be the Beast to her Belle. But in a last minute coup, Beck decided to go all pirate. Arrrrr!




Not to take away from my two star sugar stalkers, but behold the marvelous creation just to the left of ol' Princess whats-her-face......




I must admit I'm trying to figure out a way to preserve my first pumpkin carving creations! Is Pumpkin taxidermy possible? Serious, sick and twisted as it is, I'm pretty damn proud!

4 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Love the earings, Morgan! You look like a true princess. Mia has been twirling all over the house in the dress you gave her :) She tells everyone that you gave it to her.

That is one good lookin' pirate. AAARGH! Maybe he needs a parot for a pet?

Unknown said...

The kids are adorable. And your pumpkins are too funny- so creative.

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkins look great! Kind of: this is what will happen to you if you over-do your halloween candy intake, right? I thought it was classic! Well done.

Bets said...

Morgan and Beck are too adorable.

A++ on the pumpkins Mala :). My hubby did one yrs ago with our sons name... Don't let Morgan see this, they'll want their pumpkins done with their names next year lol...