Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seeing Double


I'm on the left, Thomas Pimentel is on the right, Mr. Dee
is in the middle. Just for clarification.

Last summer Mr. Dee and I were hired to do some stunt work for the film "Indiana James and the Lost Shaker of Salt", a Jimmy Buffett meets Indiana Jones spoof. The job required me dressing up as a guy and galloping after a crazy pirate ship shaped bus culminating in a scene where I jump off Mr. Dee onto said crazy bus. It was a lot of fun, really. My mother was on set just in case however, sprouting new grey hairs and planning for the rearing of my orphaned children.
So here's the rough cut of the scene. Mind you, it's not at all finished. In fact it's missing a great fight scene on top of the bus with Capt'n Jack. Much to the director's credit it's hard to tell when it's me and when it's the real actor, which of course is, well, depressing on my part. Sigh. No, no, it was just the work of a fabulous make-up artist. seriously. Yeah, that's it.
Anyway, to help you all figure it out, it's me on the horse, except for the 2 scenes when you actually see Thomas' face.




Click here for the full screen version.

Mr. Dee is now insisting on this outside his stall door. There will be no living with him now!
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Very impressive skills you've got there!!!! So multi-faceted! Mother, wife, rider, stunt double, singer...you're the whole package! I nearly peed my pants with your Fee Times a Mady rendition! I've loved those works of art for the past 18 or 19 years and you're right..not many get it. Must be showing my age! In any event...The Lost Shaker looks hilarious...I especially love the mustachioed police with it half-falling off. Classic!

Hilary Marquis said...

You and Dee look great! When do we get to see the whole thing?