Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dust Off the Mantle

I'm on fire! Two posts in one day! You'd think I have nothing better to do...

LaBev has graced me with a major award! As an "Awesome Commenter" I need to don an evening gown receive my award by simply answering 10 questions, so here goes:


1. What is your most embarrassing moment of all time? Oh which one do I chose? I guess I'll go with the time I had BOTH of my boyfriends show up at my horse show. Luckily, they arrived just as I was heading to the ER, but the last words I heard were one of them saying to the other, "So, are you like a friend or something?". Ackward.

2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? EASY! Bev's Chicken Tikka Masala!

3. How old were you when you had your first kiss? Kindergarten on the short bus. Brian L. We're still FB friends.

4. What is your browser's home page? Gmail Homepage. Wild, right?

5. What color do you never, ever wear? Anything Dayglow

6. Are you a nature-lover or a city-slicker? Nature all the way.

7. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? (none of that "more wishes" crap!) The power to make good things magically happen, the power to make bad things magically not happen, and Ralph Fiennes obsessively in love with me.

8. Do you have any scars? How'd you get them? I have many. But they're in the inside. I don't like to talk about them.
Ah, just kidding. Lots of scars, most of which I don't recall how I earned them; falls, kicks, bites... and 1 surgery.

9. Ever seen a ghost? Yes, I had a man who used to stand and watch me in the barn. I'd catch him out of the corner of my eye. He left after I consulted with a Shaman.

10. What is your dream job? I'm probably living my dream job; owning my own horse farm. Of course, ask me again when it's -15F.

Now in turn, I'm supposed to select my top 10 commenters and offer up 10 questions for them to answer. But as you may have noticed, I took my Top Commenters widget down to give it a tuneup and I accidently dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. So being the non-conformist I am, I'm switching it up and picking the folks who NEVER comment. I'm looking at YOU Encino, CA (this includes LA, Van Nuys and Santa Cruz), Miami, FL, Eugene, OR, Hooksett, NH, Tallahassee, Florida (my linky junkie! I heart you), Ireland, and anyone else who been hiding in the lurker section.

C'mon, we don't bite...hard.

Here's your questions;
1. If you won $1Million dollars, what would you do first?
2. Which celebrity do you most resemble?
3. If you could live one day over in your life, which day would you pick?
4. If you could live another person's life for 1 day, who would you chose?
5. If given the opportunity, would you travel into space?
6. If you were forced to, which high school course would take again?
7. If you created your own cocktail, what would it be called?
8. If you had to chose only one, would you chose to be beautiful when you're young for a short time or when you're old for a long time?
9. If you wrote a novel, what would it be about?
10. What super power would you wish to possess?

There ya go. So if you're here and you've never commented, this is for you. Just leave your answers right here in the comments or a link to your own blog.

I'll be very hurt if you don't comment and will probably have to seek some sort of therapy due to your blatant rejection.Looking forward to hearing from you.

15 comments:

Bev said...

Woohoo! Thanks for playing. Good luck de-lurking. You've been so successful doing that in the past.... heh heh. NOT!

But this time... yeah, this time it's on!

Mala said...

Bev, it's gonna work this time. I just KNOW it. I mean, they wouldn't do me like that, would they?

Elliott said...

Was #9 a good spirit or a bad one? The bad ones are the only ones that ever worry me.

I'm glad I'm not a lurker, those are some tough questions.

Mala said...

Elliott - actually she told me he was a manacing presence; a hypocondriac who wanted me to feel all his aches and pains. Weird. I just though he was some kind of perv.
Too hard? dang! I was worried about that. OK, they can just answer the ones they want. Or make up their own answers and we'll try to guess the questions.

Roberta said...

I cannot possibly be the Tallahassee link, I'm not that special... but here goes
1. million dollars, easy put a pool in at our "other" house... has to be that or start my pet hotel... yeah I'm sticking with the pool.
2. Wonder woman. Yeah go back in time and picture Lynda Carter... that would be me.
3. only if I could know then what I know now. otherwise, no.
4. same rule as above. ONLY if I know what I know, otherwise it's the old: grass is always greener.
5. okay if we get past the can't stand heights, afraid to fly, and major control freak... sure
6. high school??? too freakin long ago to remember those classes!!!
7. the birdhouse
8. old for a long time
9. my life. Most everyone that knows me tells me they would LOVE to read it... sometimes I think I should.
10. the power to teleport... did I mention that hate to fly thing???
okay so there you have it. If I'm your lurker, you now know way more about me. No blog, just an email.

Rich Girl Red said...

Hello, my name is RGR and I'm a lurker. . . Actually, I really have been meaning to comment, I loved the First Communion post and truly intended to say something. Oh well, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and apparently, quizzes! I love quizzes. Here goes nothing!

1. If you won $1Million dollars, what would you do first?
I would buy a house for one of my MR/DD buddies so he could be independent again.
2. Which celebrity do you most resemble?
Shirley Temple. Then and Now.
3. If you could live one day over in your life, which day would you pick?
Oooh, that's a toughie. I feel like Emily in "Our Town." I should probably say my wedding day or the births of my children, but they're a jealous lot and it would probably lead to fighting, violence, and bloodshed.
4. If you could live another person's life for 1 day, who would you chose?
The Pope. He gets to wear a crown, eat lots of italian food, and people wait on him hand and foot. Plus practically the whole world hangs on his every word.
5. If given the opportunity, would you travel into space?
I don't think so. They can't hear you scream. I prefer Tahiti.
6. If you were forced to, which high school course would take again?
Spanish--and I'd pay attention to my studies and not the hottie who sat in front of me and taught me dirty words in Spanish.
7. If you created your own cocktail, what would it be called?
The Rich Girl Red, of course.
8. If you had to chose only one, would you chose to be beautiful when you're young for a short time or when you're old for a long time?
Beautiful and old for a long time. Definitely.
9. If you wrote a novel, what would it be about?
Aging southern belles who take wild vacations. Wait! That probably wouldn't be fiction.
10. What super power would you wish to possess?
I'd like to fly. Invisibility runs a close second but since I'd probably see and hear things that would destroy the carefully created illusions I have about myself, let's go with flight.
Whew! That was exhausting. I need a cocktail. Thanks Mala! I've been officially de-lurk-ed.

Harmony said...

Now I want some of Bev's Chicken Tikka Masala! That sounds REALLY good!

I love that your wishes revolve around you have magical powers of making things happen or not happen..awesome! BTW if you did have those powers, I would so ask you to make 03/21/1993 not happen. (That was a random date generator..not sure what happened that day)

MtnMama said...

I love this sort of thing and really dig hearing about other people's experiences... which is probably why I got into this whole bloggy thing in the first place.

onebadmamajama said...

Awesome post..the whole ghosty thing is muy creepy!

Are you ready for your big date with Frank? ;)

Lori said...

I LOVE imagining the two boyfriends showing up.

Seriously....there's all kinds of conversations I'm conjuring up!

dogimo said...

Well...I'm Santa Cruz. But I've commented a number of times! Like seriously: 10 plus times.

Maybe you meant some other Santa Cruz. But just in case:

1. I'd deposit in my checking account and watch my crappy bank sweat me while I shopped around for a good one.
2. Really, nobody. Which is weird 'cause I'm kind of gorgeous! But it's partly the beard. None of your bearded celebrities look a thing like me. And any of the ones who could look like me if I shaved, or if they grew beards, I just can't picture it.
3. September 6, 1996.
4. I can't think of any that wouldn't be for creepy reasons. And that makes me not want to do it!
5. Sure, as long as I don't have to do all that face-rippling hard core g-force training.
6. Gym.
7. The Scwewy Wabbit. Vodka & CJ.
8. Old I guess.
9. Nice try. Like I'm spilling the beans here!
10. To be able to turn ghostly and back again.

Bev said...

I would totally drink a Rich Girl Red! I'm sure it comes in a funky glass.

Woot!

Mala said...

OK, I swear I responded to these yesterday...and yet, I don't see it here. Damnit! Use your clever imaginations and just imagine my witty responses (that have gone missing, damn you blogger!) while I patheticly muster up yet another, less inspired, response.

Roberta - I LOVE YOU! Thank you for finally coming forth! (See Bev! I told you!). You are in fact my very special Tallahassee lurker. Great answers! I'm with you, no freakin' way am I goin' to space. Give me terra firma, thanyouverymuch. Now, don't be a stranger! I'd love to hear more from ya!

Rich Girl Red - Hellloooooooooo. Ahhh, so glad you stopped in. Do come back... and bring your novel. I'm dyin' to read it!!!!!
And I love your line of thinking re: the pope. awesome!

Harmony - it's gooooooood. trust! And I know exactly what I was doing on 03/21/1993. I was a mad diary keeper. Which reminds me, I should burn those.

MtnMama - I'm officially opening up the questions to EVERYONE... C'mon, let's here it!

OBMJ - Our date was awesome. I'm not sure how I can capture it's awesome-ness in a blog post. Thank gawd for pictures.

Lori - I've never been so happy to be heading to the hospital! I never did hear how the rest of the conversation went... I'm guessing not well.

Dogimo - yes, yes... the other Santa Cruz of course. But thank you still for playing along! And C'mon!!! SPILL 'EM!!!!!

Bev - Didn'y we enjoy a RGR on Friday... Frank said they're made with roofies.

dogimo said...

Oh ok. My novel is a science fiction novel. It's about what it would be like if hydrogen could not form covalent bonds.

It's really long, and not much happens, and I'm having a lot of trouble with the end, too.

Mala said...

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
Oh what? Huh? Wha.....? Sorry Dogimo, I just... ummmmmm, well. Fascinating, I'm sure.