Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life Is good



Joe took Morgan on a little Daddy/Daughter getaway to Martha's Vineyard for a few days, leaving Beck and I to enjoy a relaxing (read: Beck's just hangin' around in his skivvies) weekend.
Friday evening Beck and I planned a little dinner date, just the two of us. I even wore a dress (I know, two times in one week. It's some kind of record). I picked him up at pre-school and asked him where he wanted to take me. He replied, "McDonald's". After a bit of a discussion about never taking a lady (or me) out to dinner at the golden arches, we (OK, mostly me) decided on the new Japanese Steak House. I repeated over and over again "don't try that at home", as we watched our chef throw knives, slice and dice and light shit on fire. Beck even got the hang of using chop sticks. A fabulous dinner date with the boy, for sure.

Last night Beck, My dad and I went to the car races where again I chanted, "Don't try that at home". I had no clue when my Dad asked if we wanted to go see the Nitro cars race. Well, apparently Nitro cars burn like extra explosive jet fuel for the main purpose of blowing your eardrums out (oh and to go 300+ MPH). I was the only one who didn't realize this since we were the only people there without some sort of ear protection. So I had Beck cover his ears, then put his hood on while I placed my hands for another layer of protection for his ears. That seemed to work well... except not so much for my ears. What? Damn it! What is that ringing? Hearing loss aside, it was a really fun night. Watching Beck hoot and scream for the race cars was the best.
Here's a little video of one of the jet engine trucks... oh and do me a favor, pretend that I know how to hold my camera phone properly


So today Beck and I are in slow mode. I took advantage of the fact that Joe isn't home and thoroughly abused our lawn tractor by mowing the weeds (and several dozen rocks) in the horse pasture.

Meanwhile, Mr. Dee also took advantage of our lazy day by relaxing on the front lawn.


Life is good.

This also made me get all hot and bothered happy.

10 comments:

Samsmama said...

Ah, Hot Tamala is catching on already. I LOVE IT!

I was craving McD's the other night and had to practically beg my child to go. He was too busy watching Spongebob. WTF?

Pictures of sleeping horses always creep me out. They make me wonder if the horse is alive or not.

Samsmama said...

And only 36 more comments until I catch up to Bev. Woo-hoo!

Lori said...

Dixie (my diva Golden Retriever) often poses like Mr. Dee (shameless hussy, she is) but it is way funnier on a horse!

Also...I LOVED the trailer for Cemetery Junction! We live in podunk Southern Maryland, so I'll have to wait for 2 years for it to come out on video, but I CAN'T WAIT! Just the trailer cracked me up!

security word: tightlym ...as in, "Doc, not too tightly, mmmm?"

Bev said...

1. You are the best mama ever. Date for duex? You rule. I'd be all "Let's make a frozen pizza and watch iCarly!" I clearly suck.

2. Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, AND Ralph Fiennes? I'm so there. Despite the Ralph Fiennes part. No offense. ;-)

word verif: oldedog. Heh. Can't teach an oldedog....

Bev said...

3. Just assuring my spot as #1 commenter.

Bev said...

4. Also, love lots. :) And wine. Wine is also awesome.

Anonymous said...

The horse cracks me the frick up. And maybe you need your head examined as well - skirt/dress twice in one week.... WOW!!!

HAHA - word verification: crotem
That's the best EVER!!!!

MJenks said...

for a second, I thought that was the horse from Animal House.

Harmony said...

Sounds like a great weekend with Beck..I need some one on one time with my kids..great idea!

I had to LOL at Samsmama's comment as my 9 y/o swears that our neighbors horse is dead every time it is laying down..it is getting SO old..I think I am just gonna tell him..yep he is dead, poor horse..next time just to get him to shut up.

Organic Meatbag said...

Big happy dog, happy little boy, life is good!