Friday, March 13, 2009

Celebration of the Incredible Child


On Monday Beck's pre-school is having a celebration of the Incredible Child and has asked all the parents to write a letter to their child telling them why they think their child is incredible. I thought I'd share with all of you my letter to Beck.



Dear Beck,
I can not explain in one letter all the many ways that you’re incredible. But I’ll try.
When I think of you, I think of your bravery. I am so thankful that you were brave enough to travel half way around the world to join us as a family. I am so proud of you for your courage to leave the only world you ever knew, to trust us enough to start a new life, in a new world where nothing and no one was familiar; new people, new food, new home, new language, new sights and sounds. I can’t imagine how scary that was for a little boy. But you showed your strength, your bravery, and most of all your heart.
You are also incredibly smart. You amaze me every day with how quickly you learn new skills, new words and new concepts. You have quickly learned your new language – that’s pretty incredible. I see nothing but a very bright future for you – an incredible future where you will succeed at everything you put your mind to.

Beck, you are incredible also for your capacity for love. Despite your beginnings, you greet everyone as a friend . You show everyone joy, love, compassion and friendship. You are full of love and kindness. For your hugs and kisses, I think you’re incredible.

I am so proud to have you as my son. I am blessed that we found each other across many miles. I am happy every day that I get to see you grow and learn and moreover, being happy and healthy. You are incredible and I love you so much.
Your Mommy

5 comments:

Lori said...

What a fabulous letter...for an incredible little boy...love it.

Maria said...

Absolutely a beautiful letter -- and I understand every sentiment you have written.

Bev said...

*sniffle*
Yes, that's a wonderful letter. He is certainly a special little person, and I'm continually impressed by his intelligence and ability to adapt to everything so quickly. He took to your life like a fish to water, and you're right, he greets everyone as a friend despite starting his life amidst squalor and without real love. He is incredible, and so are you.
Love ya both! oxoxoxo

Nancy said...

Mala,
He is an incredible boy - but he also has an incredible Mom :-)

Jackie said...

Oh Mala, what a touching letter to your son. I have a tear. Next time you need to add a Kleenex warning :)

Hugs to you both! Jackie