Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Bit Schizophrenic

Don't adjust your monitor!

My apologizes to anyone who has tuned into this blog in the last 18 hours while I tweaked it, repeatedly! There were some really scary changes but I think I'll leave it as is for now. At least it's legible.

I'm insanely jealous of those cute little blogs with the awesome banners but every time I try to make one, all sorts of wrong happens. Freakin' technology! Oh well.

Anyway, I've been pondering the idea of changing the blog. "Bringing Home Beck" - OK, he's home, we know that. Should I change the title? I have to say, me and this little ol' blog have grown pretty close. But of course, the blog too has grown and changed. It no longer follows us through the actually adoption process, but now just life in general, and not just Beck's, but ours as a family, and now often just my own musings.

And of course, this isn't simply a Mommy-blog. I haven't completely given up that I'm a crazy kid with a wicked twisted sense of humor that likes to share tales of warped funniness in, at times, a form that may be NSFW (not safe for work), and while we're at it, probably not suitable for kids, pets, and some forms of horticulture.

OMG, I think I'm having an identity-crisis!

New title, whole new blog or just keep things as is?

8 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah...I thought the same thing about the Lori doing Maryland thing...seeing as we are a military family and may not do Maryland for more than another year or so, that may not have been such a wise title.

But, what the hay...it is what it is, and being a big fan of alliteration (and not a big fan of change) I say it's just fine--title and all.

Besides, you think a cutesy banner is a pain? I can't imagine changing titles and all...then again, I can't get any really cutesy banners to work (the way I want) either, so I am not a great judge.

Once upon a time I was technologically saavy...ah...the good old days...

janiece said...

I've been thinking about changing ours too--since we are now 5 pritchards. What to do what to do??? Hummm, if you change yours, then I'll know how fricking hard it is to change it. Which is why I haven't changed anything else on mine either. I am blonde and thinking about it overtaxes my brain.

Mala said...

Wait, Lori Does MARYLAND!!! I thought Loridoesmd meant you had a thing for DOCTORS! Ohhhhhhhhh.....
Just kidding.

Janiece - I don't think changing the title will be hard... at least not as hard as trying to create one of those fancy schmancy cutie-patootie banners. CRIPES!

Michelle said...

I say keep it....I fear change. Besides, your blog developed out of the whole experience of bringing him home....bringing beck home is this blog's heritage....don't deny your blog it's history! You are totally hysterical and I suspect moderately insane and a mommy-blogger (haha welcome to the world of people who are in denial of being mommy bloggers). Every time I see a picture of beck with his amazing huge full-body smile I think of the pouty and fully unhappy pictures of him I saw from Tina and the Stahl's...so even though you are posting funny youtube videos...I think of you eating "meat" on Aeroflot and flying to Kyrgyzstan to try to talk someone into letting you bring home beck.
Did I mention I fear change!

Bev said...

I like this new look! Orange is SO your color, baby.

Title? I don't see a problem with keeping it as is and just expanding on the blog's whole raison d'etre in a little descriptive blurb under the title. It's your blog - you can make it whatever you want to make it! Isn't that liberating? :)

Whatever it is, I'll be reading. *muah*

mblatham said...

I'd make you a "cutesy" blog header if you'd tell me what you want. It's really not that hard (well, I SAY that, but then I'd end up with one and you hate it and then hate me and there we'd be ... oh wait, I'm rambling). Anyway, the offer standing. Envision something (simple-haha!) and I can try ...

Mala said...

Thank you ladies. Alright it's unanimous, I'll keep the blog title. My Mom e-mailed me and said "keep the title." Why does she never leave I comment? I know you're lurking, Mom.
I agree Bev, I'll need a little disclaimer... errr, I mean preface. Of course, for some reason, it won't let me put a descriptive blurb under my title! What the.....?!
I'm really determined to succeed in the banner department. Maria, thank you for the wonderful offer, I just may take you up on it. But first I'll take one more crack at it. How did you make yours?

Maria said...

I used photoshop elements. I opened it and created a blank area that was the right size for the header (I think it was like 9"w x 3"d). Then I fill it with some color that I like and then I add photos and text. Pretty simple. Tweak it a little by rotating some of the text and adding some clip art or something and voila' you are done! Save it as a jpg file and then upload it and check the box that says "in the place of text" (or something like that). If it looks "off" I go back in and tweak it some. Good luck. And, if you can't get it, let me know, ok?